Overtone Industries seeks a Managing Director
We're looking for the right person to join our team. Are you interested in working with Overtone Industries?
Overtone seeks an energetic administrative leader to ignite the overall management and running of the company. The Managing Director will participate in development and implementation of plans for the organization’s growth with productions locally, nationally, and internationally and lead fundraising efforts to support a business infrastructure that is as vital as the original art we create.
This is a contractor position for an average of 18 hours a week. The Managing Director will report to and work closely with the Artistic Director, O-Lan Jones, and consult with the Producing Director, Michelle Magaldi.
Overtone Industries aims to create timeless, original opera and music theater, with artists chosen not only for their high levels of artistic integrity, but for their wisdom and ability to translate personal understanding into mythic imagery and language. We work with a vibrant extended family of artists who share a compassionate sensitivity to the drama, delight, and absurdity of the human condition. Overtone Industries is committed to an in-depth artistic development process, and collaborates with multiple composers, librettists, performers, and visual artists allowing each project the time it needs to fully develop and come into fruition.
- Manage day-to-day operations, including financial management
- Liaise with the Board of Directors
- Implement long range strategic plans for the organization
- Oversee marketing and audience development plans
- Administer grant application and reporting processes
- Participate in the planning and execution of productions and fundraising events
- Other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Knowledge or background in theater and music highly preferred
- Experience in a non-profit, performing arts organization
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and exercise good judgement
- Strong proficiency in computer skills, specifically Word, Excel, and Quickbooks
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with staff, artists, patrons, donors and partnersin a professional manner
Monthly fee to be agreed upon.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline April 20, 2018.